The second edition of Manav Rachna Excellence Awards (MREA) 2018 was held on April 14, 2018. Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki, Hon’ble Governor of Haryana was present at the campus of Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI).
MREA 2018 were bestowed upon eight leaders for their exceptional and path-breaking vision by the Hon’ble Governor in the presence of Satya Bhalla, Chief Patron, MREI; Dr. Prashant Bhalla, President, MREI; Dr. Amit Bhalla, VP, MREI; Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, MD, MREI; Dr. N C Wadhwa, VC, MRIIRS; Padma Shri Dr. Pritam Singh and veterans from the industry.
In his welcome address, Dr. Sanjay Srivastava shared:
“The assessment process is one of the most robust of any award. A rigorous opinion poll amongst our elite selection committee led by Padma Shri Dr. Pritam Singh; Sh. S Y Siddiqui; Sh. S K Roongta; Mr. Kishore Jayaraman and several other corporate and academic leaders is conducted to determine the role models within various domains”.
The eight stalwarts who were honoured on this prestigious platform are revered figures:
- Sports Icon Award: Captain Major Vijay Kumar Sharma
- Young Leader Award: Puneet Dalmia, MD, Dalmia Bharat Cement
- People Builder Award: Rajeev Dubey, President-HR, Mahindra & Mahindra
(received by Mr. A Vishwanathan, VP-Corporate)
- Corporate & Industry Award: Mukesh Kumar Surana, CMD, HPCL
(received by Mr. Sandeep Roy)
- Global Thought Leader Award: Steven West, Chairman/CEO & VC, UWE, Bristol
- Change Maestro Award: Yudhvir Singh Malik (IAS), Secretary, MORTH
(received by Mr. Surjit Singh, Former HUDA administrator)
- Nation Building Award: Ram Vinay Shahi, Chairman, Energy Infratech
- Lifetime Achievement: Arun Maira, Former Member, Planning Commission, India
Satya Bhalla said:
“At Manav Rachna, excellence is a continuous journey. Our institutions have been working ceaselessly to actualize the dream of our Founder Visionary Dr. O P Bhalla. It was his dream to give to the nation, well-rounded citizens who are balanced in their approach, yet revolutionary in their ideas”.
Dr. Prashant Bhalla added:
“In a journey of 21 years, our Institutions have given to the nation many corporate leaders and sports achievers. We take pride in sharing that Shreyasi Singh who has won Gold in Women’s Double Trap shooting at CWG 2018 and Ankur Mittal who had won Bronze in the Men’s Double Trap Shooting at CWG 2018, are both Manav Rachna students. Our students have been raising the bar of excellence, year after year. We are very confident, that the coming editions of MREA will see our very own students/alumni being bestowed with the prestigious honours.”