Book reading has a vast impact on the way one thinks and behaves. Powerful books have the ability to alter the major decisions of the life. As such, reading good books during the college time is hence very powerful and effective way to gain good habits and strengthen the knowledge quotient.
Here are the list of 5 books that are recommended to read during the days of college.
- Man’s search of Meaning: Man’s Search for Meaning is a 1946 authored by Viktor Frankl chronicles his experiences as a prisoner in Nazi concentration camps during World War II. He tells about his psychotherapeutic method, which involved identifying a purpose in life to feel positively about it.
- 48 laws of power and mastery: The 48 Laws Of Power and Mastery draws on many of history’s most famous power quarrels to show what power looks like, how you one get it, what to do to defend oneself against the power of others. It also addresses most important question of how to use it well and keep it.
- Freedom: Freedom is a 2010 novel by American author Jonathan Franzen. Freedom was ranked one of the best books of 2010 by several publications, and has been described as a “Great American Novel”. Freedom comically and tragically captures the temptations of the life very well.
- The Art of Happiness: Authored by the Nobel Peace Prize winner and man of great inner peace, Dalai Lama, the author throws light on key to basic happiness. He addresses people on how to achieve happiness by defeating day to day depression and bad moods.
- Lord of the Flies: The scene goes like; A group of schoolboys get stranded on an uncharted island. At first, they enjoy the liberty of being free. But, their attempt to have fun slowly turn the celebration mood into a negative one thereby facing the adversities of terror, sin and evil. The book is a enthralling and a moving tale of “end of innocence and the darkness thereby.”