Textile Engineering is one of the off-centric and innovative branch of study in engineering. Textile engineering is a science to develop all sorts of fabrics and yarns. Like other branches of Engineering, this course as well requires 4 years of study at college. The course bearers need 50% and above in the subjects of Maths, Physics and Chemistry at 12th to apply for a course in Textile Engineering.
Wondering, what skills do you need to join in this course. Check below.
Some Qualities Expected in students of Textile Engineering
- Good Observation skills
- Precision and Accuracy
- Strong Learning Ability
- Good Science Background
- Ability to think out-of-box
- Creativity and Innovation
- Little know-how of trends
- Application of book knowledge in practical world
While, there are many other colleges that offer courses at Polytechnic, Degree, PG, Engineering and PhD level, here are some engineering colleges that offer courses in Textile Engineering.
- IIT: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Institute of Information Technology and Management, New Delhi
- LD College if Engineering, Gujarat
- College of Textile Technology, West Bengal
- SSM Institute of Textile Technology and Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu
- University of Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Bannariamman Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Institute of Textile Technology, Orissa
- Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology, Punjab
- Bengal Engineering and Science University, West Bengal
- Calcutta University College of Textile Technology, West Bengal
India as a huge scope for qualified pass-outs of this branch. Some of the lucrative organizations employing personnel in this field are
- Mysore Silk
- JCT Limited
- Lakshmi Mills
- Reliance Textiles
- Grasim Industries
- Arvind Mills Ltd
- Lakshmi Machine Works
- Bhilwara Group
- Rajasthan Petro Synthetics
- RIL Textiles
- JCT Mills
- Bombay Dyeing
- Mafatlal Denim
- Raymond Group
Know various roles that doing Textile Engineering might help you become.
- Quality Control Manager
- Project Manager
- Innovation Head
- Process Engineer
- Operations Trainee
Salaries could range anywhere between 3 – 6 lpa depending on your expertise and skill.
Did you know that MHRD tweeted recently about it?
“Textile engineering” is one of the popular disciplines of engineering field – all about garments, colours, industrial fabrics and much more.
Take this course on #NPTEL covering topics like Principles of Combing, Roving Preparation & Ring Spinning, etc.https://t.co/xxIcSOC4kl pic.twitter.com/JRMPdFZy3z
— Ministry of HRD (@HRDMinistry) May 8, 2020