The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985 has welcomed online applications for admission to M Phil/PhD programs for July 2019 session.
Subjects available for both programs consist of:
- M Phil programs are accessible in journalism and mass communication, chemistry, translation studies and commerce
- PhD programmes subject list: commerce, English, education, biochemistry, Hindi environmental science, chemistry, fine arts, rural development, gender and development studies, geology, journalism and mass communication, management, social work, women’s studies, statistics, music and translation studies
The entrance test in these subjects will take place on April 7, 2019.
- Minimum qualifying marks are 55% at Post Graduation level (50% in case of reserved categories) for Master Degree
- PhD: Rs 7, 000 per annum for 2 years
- M Phil: Rs 10, 500 for complete course fee
- PhD: 5 years
- M Phil: 4 years
The IGNOU Research Programs are offered (Regular Mode) in strict consistence with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD/M Phil Degrees) Regulations, 2016.
Last date for submission: March 25, 2019
For more information, candidates can login to: http://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/entrancersunit