Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released Post Graduate/ Ph.D. Programmes Admission for Autumn Semester 2018-19.
The admissions are available in the following programmes: Ph.D., MTech, MTech+PhD (Dual Degree), MPhil and MSc – Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in Energy Programmes for the Academic Year 2018-19 starting from July 2018.
- The closing date for MTech/MTech+Ph.D.(Dual Degree) is 11 April 2018.
- The closing date for Ph.D. is 11 April 2018.
- The closing date for MPhil is 07 May 2018.
- The closing date for MSc – Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in Energy Online is 17 April 2018.
General Eligibility criterion for Admission in all Departments/ Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary Groups:
One of the following inappropriate subject areas:
1) Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) as described in the Ph.D. Information Brochure.
2) One of the following:
(i) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) as described later in A.5.4.
(ii) Master’s degree in Science or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) as described later in A.5.4.
(iii) Master’s degree in Arts/Commerce or equivalent degree in allied subjects with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST), only for admission to the Ph.D. programmes offered by the Industrial Design Centre and Department of Humanities & Social Sciences.
Candidates must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements:
- Valid GATE/CEED Score.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/DBT/ICAR/ICMR/ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates having UGCNET Lectureship (LS) are also eligible for Teaching Assistantship in addition to other academic qualifications in Humanities & Social Sciences Department.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience (acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought).
- Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders: Candidate having a B.Tech. degree from IITs and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 010 scales) and above are exempted from the requirement of GATE qualification. They may be admitted to MTech Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
The Ph.D. programmes are available in the following departments/Centres of IIT Bombay:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Climate Studies
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Educational Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Geoinformatics & Natural Resources Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences (Economics, English, Philosophy, Sociology, Indian Science, and Technology in Sanskrit)
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science
- Centre for Research for Nanotechnology & Science
- Centre for Policy Studies
- Systems & Control Engineering
- Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas
- Centre for Urban Science & Engineering