AILET 2020 examination will be conducted by the National Law University, Delhi. It is a national level entrance examination which is conducted once in every year. Through this exam, candidates can get admission in 1 year LL.M, 5 year B.A. LL.B. and Ph.D. programmes.
After qualifying this exam, candidates will be able to get admission in National Law University in all over India. Through this article, candidates can get all details about AILET 2020, including important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc.
AILET 2020 Exam Dates
|Events||Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|Issue of notification||1st week of January|
|Starting of application form||1st week of January|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of April|
|Availability of admit card||4th week of April|
|Exam date||1st week of May|
|Result B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||4th week of May|
|Issue of admission letter (1st list)||4th week of May|
|Last date to deposit fees (1st list)||2nd week of June|
|Result (LL.M)||1st week of July|
|Counselling begins||End of July to August|
AILET 2020 Application Form
- The application form will be available in first week of January 2020.
- The AILET 2020 application form will be available through online mode only.
- Candidates are advised to enter the email Id and mobile number to fill the application form.
- After logging the registration id, candidates have to click on ‘National Law University’.
- Candidates will have to fill all the correct details in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload their passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- Once the application form will be submitted, no correction facility will be provided to the candidates later on.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for further procedure.
- The application fee will be paid in both (online and offline) modes.
- For online, candidates can pay application fee via debit card, credit card or net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates can pay the fee from cash deposit at the post office.
|SC/ST (BPL)||Exempted from paying fee|
|Kashmiri migrant/ Foreign Nationals||Rs. 3050/-|
For B.A LL.B (Hons.)
Qualifying Exam: Candidates must passed 10th and 12th with a recognized board.
Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained 50% marks in their board examinations.
Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing their class 10th or 12th can also apply.
Qualification Exam: Candidates must have graduation degree from any recognized university.
Minimum Marks: Candidates must have obtained 55% marks (50% for reserve category) in the qualifying exam.
Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for the LLB final year exam are also eligible.
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
For UG Course
Mode: The exam will be held in offline
Duration: Exam time will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Medium: The exam will be asked in English
Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQ) will be asked in the exam.
Total Questions: There will be total 150 questions asked in the exam.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- English- 35
- Legal Aptitude- 35
- General Knowledge- 35
- Mathematics- 10
- Logical Reasoning- 35
For PG Courses
Mode: Exam will be conducted in offline
Duration: Exam will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Medium: The exam will be asked in English
Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked.
Total Marks: Exam will be of total 150
- of Questions: 150 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Essay question of 50 marks will also be asked in the exam.
AILET 2020 Syllabus
English section will include the questions from vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, word usage, Para jumble, grammar, reading comprehension and foreign words/ phrases etc.
In this section important topics are strict liability, law of crimes, torts, vicarious liability, contracts and constitutional law, legal awareness and international law etc.
Logical reasoning will be based on the topics series, directions, syllogism, analogies, blood relations, critical reasoning and etc.
GK and Current Affairs
This section will includes the questions from current affairs, sports, awards and honors, internal events, UN bodies, history, general science, economics, geography, civics, eminent personalities and etc.
- Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin,
- Amritsar, Bangalore, Delhi, Cuttack
- Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kolkata
- Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, Varanasi, Guwahati
- Gandhinagar, Nagpur, Jodhpur, Jammu etc.