The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has invited applications from interested and eligible Indian nationals for the “2019 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Students enrolled in Graduate Program.” Out of 15, 10 will be awarded scholarship by the Government of Republic of Korea. As per the official notice, the scholarship will be awarded for Master’s, Doctoral, and Research Program.
The subject fields for the Korean Government Scholarship Program are:
- Electronic Engineering
- Korean Language and Literature
- International Relations (including Korean Studies)
The eligibility criteria are:
For Master’s program: The interested candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree relevant to the proposed study by August 31, 2019.
For Doctoral program: The candidate must hold a master’s degree or an equivalent degree relevant to the proposed study by August 31, 2019.
For Research program scholarship: The applicant must have received an invitation from one of National Institute for International Education (NIIED’s) designated Korean universities and must have the following qualification relevant to the proposed study:
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Applicants must hold a Doctoral degree or an equivalent degree by August 31, 2019.
- Professor Exchange Program: Applicants must hold a master’s degree or a degree equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree by August 31, 2019.
- Program for Education, Science, Culture, (International Professionals): Applicants must hold a master’s degree or a degree equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree by August 31, 2019.
The age limit criteria are:
- The candidates applying for Master’s/Doctoral Program must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2019, that is they must be born after September 1, 1979.
- All the candidates who are working as a professor must be under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2019, that is they must be born after September 1, 1974.
- Apart from the above criteria, the applicant must fulfill the following conditions:
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 20.03.2019.
Candidates are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application portal (http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/).
The last date to apply is March 20, 2019.
The official notification link is http://www.mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/Korean.pdf