The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma programme in Liberal Studies. The Fellowship brings together a group of 300 bright young individuals who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country and trains them to become socially committed agents of change.
Ashoka University is a private, non-profit university located on a 25-acre campus in the Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Sonepat, Haryana. Ashoka’s unique postgraduate programme, Young India Fellowship (YIF), now in its eighth year, has rapidly become one of the most sought-after programmes in India.
- A recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline.
- Maximum of 28 years of age on 31st May 2019.
- Strong academic record and extra-curricular engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Apply by Mar 30, 2019
The selection process will be carried out in 3 stages, each one being an elimination stage.
- Application Assessment: All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the programme. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Telephonic Interview: Short-listed candidates are interviewed on the telephone. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests.
- Comprehension Test and Personal Interview: On the day of the Personal Interview, candidates will be required to take a comprehension test just before the interview. They will be tested on their reading, understanding, articulation skills and critical thinking ability, not on their knowledge of subject matter. Candidates are interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Bangalore.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Applications open: 21st August 2018
- Last date to submit the application: 15th November 2018
- Interviews: 1st October 2018 – 20th January 2019
- Applications open: 16th November 2018
- Last date to submit the application: 15th January 2019
- Interviews: 26th November 2018 – 20th March 2019
- Applications open: 16th January 2019
- Last date to submit the application: 30th March 2019
- Interviews: 26th January 2019 – 20th May 2019
For more information, click here
Download brochure, click here
To apply online, click here