Aspiring students can attempt the GRE and TOEFL from home. Starting from April 2, 2020, students can take the GRE test via online testing from home.
Prep tests like GRE/SAT/ GMAT along with the English language tests viz., TOEFL/IELTS/PTE are taken by the end of September will enable the students to meet all possible deadlines for Fall of 2021.
Make the most of the lockdown say experts by brushing up on English language skills by reading online.
Indian students can view the lockdown as an opportunity to catch up with lost time and fine-tune their skills including reading, writing, comprehension and listening. Dr David McDonald, an IELTS evaluator says, “It may sound naïve but watching good English movies can help a great deal. It would help in the listening component.”
Start your preparation in a stepwise manner:
- Get yourself familiar with the assessment. Like type of sections, Scores and negative marks diverse questions type, time limit, and so forth.
- Look for best solutions and guides for the GRE. Books that provides toppers and expert tips on how to appear the test
- Improve your vocabulary, it is very important for GRE pattern. Also, understand how to use a word in a sentence and create a meaningful sentence.
- The test will consist of two essays. In addition, this is the place where you need to showcase your power of vocabulary.
- Practice makes you great. Work on the same number of activities as you can and score yourself.
- Converse with seniors as well as companions who have just given the test and get their stories on how the assessment is and how they prepared for it.
- Work on your essay and them scrutinized from any senior and work on the feedback.
- Start taking online practice test and maintain a log of your mistakes.
- Segregate your result in SWOT analysis and work on the weaknesses