Around 300 applications came from various startups around India. Honourable judges shortlisted 76 startups from India and abroad.
Recently held BioAsia 2019 event, selected startups from the healthcare industry were recognized for their innovative work in the sector. Top 5 were showcased which received a cash prize of INR 25,000 each.
Top 5 Startups:
- Caredose(Kinshuk Kocher) – Tracks the medicine doses & helps in taking the medicine at the right time
- Spectral Insights(Nishant Jain) – A compact scanner
- Dozee(Pritish Gupta) – Monitors the sleep, heartbeat, respiration and notification on mobile
- Aura – Ekistics Solutions(Dr. Srikant Mohapatra) – Breakthrough medical technology designed by Ekistics, offers replacement and reconstruction of damaged and diseased valves avoiding artificial prostheses
- Azooka Life Sciences(Alex D Paul, Dr Fathima) – Helps in staining DNA with the help of a plant based dye that can be conveniently used during life sciences research
Adero Labs(Saaniya Mehra & Zane Barboza) received a special Social Innovation award in the field of citizen safety and women empowerment.