You are in the final year of B.Com and the exams were postponed due to COVID-19 lockdown. Many universities have already declared the exams will be held soon after the lockdown. In the meantime, you are wondering what to do next?
Career in commerce has its own charm and students interested in accounting, law, statistics and finance pursue their career in bcom degree. There are various options after b.com, either someone should move ahead with higher studies or look for jobs as per your desired interest.
For Higher Studies:
One of the most preferred choice for commerce students. Candidates require to one to clear three examinations viz. CPT, IPCC and Final CA.
2. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA is the most famous and notable courses among the students. It has a tremendous area of specializations. Numerous college and Universities are offering MBA program as full-time and low maintenance or through on the web or separation learning instruction. A student can get to top institutes after appearing for CAT Common Admission Test exam.
Duration: 3 years
3. Cost and Works Accounting (CWA)
Another new course by The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India. Candidates with this qualification will be responsible for estimation of costing and preparation of budget for organizations.
Duration: 2 years
Students can also choose specialized courses in their master degree:
- Master in Financial Management (MFM)
- Master in Management Studies (M.M.S.)
- Master in Retail Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Marketing Management (M.M.M.)
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Development Management (MHRDM)
- Master’s Degree in MarketingMaster’s in Business Studies (M.B.S.)
- Masters in Financial Management (MFM)
- Masters of Business Administration (Information Technology)
Or you can choose your preferred job profile from the numerous options available. A B.Com student can choose to be any of the following:
- Accountant Executive
- Researcher or Lecturer
- Tax Auditor
- Finance Manager
- Cost Accountant
- Legal Advisor
- Finance Analyst
- Finance Planner
- Portfolio Manager
- Investment Analyst
- Finance Controller
- Finance Consultant
- Finance Market Research
- Stock Broker
- Tax Consultant
- Account executives
- Equity research
- Government jobs
- Private Accounting Firm like Deloitte, KPMG, PWC or E&Y