An important decision came for college students all over India when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that top 100 universities of the countries will be automatically allowed to start online education courses by May 30, 2020. In her speech, she made several announcements for the education sector. During her entire address, she stressed on promotion of “technology-driven education with equity post-COVID.”.
Announcements were made with regards to the launch of PM eVIDYA – A programme for multi-mode access to digital/online education.
The other key announcements included:
– Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired
– Widespread use of Radio, Community radio and podcasts.
– One earmarked channel per class from 1st to 12th
– e-content and QR coded Energized Textbooks
– New national curriculum and pedagogical framework will be launched keeping in view the needs of 21st century.
– Manodarpan- An initiative for psychosocial support of students, teachers and families to be launched.