CLAT 2020 (Common Law Admission Test) is an all India common entrance test which is conducted on a rotational basis by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes. CLAT 2020 will be held in the month of May 2020.
CLAT is a computer-based test which will consist of MCQ type questions. The score of CLAT 2020 will be accepted by the 19 NLUs and the institutions having Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The law candidates need to check CLAT 2020 eligibility criteria which mentions the following:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 board examination from any recognised educational institution.
- Candidates belonging to the General category need to score at least 45 per cent marks in their qualifying degree.
- Those belonging to SC and ST categories, need to score at least 40 per cent marks in the aggregate of the subjects.
- Finally, there is no age bar to appear in the Common Law Admission Test.
CLAT 2020 Application Process
- Mode of Application: Online
- Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|OBC, General PWD||Male, Female, Transgender||4000|
|SC, ST||Male, Female, Transgender||3500|
How to apply for CLAT 2020
- The application form will be available through online mode only.
- CLAT 2020 application form will be available from the first week of January 2020.
- Candidate needs to fill the valid details in the application form.
- Candidate will need their email id for the online registration.
- Once candidate will create the login id and password after that they have to upload the scanned copies of documents, signature and passport size photograph.
- Correction will be provided by the official authority after the completion of application form.
- Submit the application form and take the printout of it. Keep the printout till the admission procedure.
CLAT 2020 Syllabus
- English including comprehension
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Legal aptitude
- Logical reasoning
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
Aspirants of CLAT 2020 will access the admit card through online mode. It will be available from the on third week of April 2020. Candidate will be required to login their registered account to download the admit card.
Candidates are also advised to check the details mentioned on CLAT admit card 2020. Also it is advised to save a copy and get a print of CLAT admit card for future references.
CLAT Answer key
NLUO Cuttack will release the answer key of CLAT 2020 in the second week of May 2020. Candidate will get access of the CLAT answer key 2020 through online mode.
Applicants are advised to check the details mentioned on answer key and then download the same. Candidate can calculate marks by giving 1 mark for the correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
CLAT tips to prepare
With the help of preparation tips, candidates will get an idea of how to prepare for the Common Law Admission Test. Candidates can consider the mentioned important points:
- Applicants need to be well-versed with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Practice many mock tests and sample papers for better score in exam.
- CLAT candidates are also advised to make a proper time-table for preparation.
- Aspirants should choose best books before starting to prepare for the exam.
- Regular revision is the key to score good marks in exam.
CLAT Exam Pattern
|English including Comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics and Numerical Ability||20|
Documents Required at Exam
- CLAT admit card 2020
- An identity proof in original (Driving License/Aadhaar Card/PAN Card)
Documents Required during Counselling
- CLAT application form 2020
- CLAT admit card 2020
- CLAT score card 2020
- Class 10th mark-sheet (for date of birth proof)
- Class 12th mark-sheet (academic qualification)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate (if applicable)
- NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsored NRI certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
21 participating NLUs in CLAT
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Ghandal, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
Other law related exams
- All India Law Entrance Test
- Delhi University LLB Entrance Examination
- Law School Admission Test for India
- Common Law Admission Test for LLM
- All India Bar Examination