Seven start-up units have been financed by ICAR and for the remaining six; the support has been provided by the University
Q. How many start-ups have been incubated in your university?
A total of 13 start-ups have been incubated in our University in the field of food processing, Hi- Tech Agriculture, Peri urban Agriculture, Agri Business, designing and production of information material, Tissue Culture & Production of Bio fertilizers, Fish farming, Bakery and digital embroidered home furnishings. CCSHAU took a lead in starting HAU e-MART which is launched on Feb 2, 2019 on global level and we have received a very good response not only from the local area but from far of places. The products prepared under different units are sold online on this site. Seven start-up units have been financed by ICAR and for the remaining six; the support has been provided by the University.
Q. What kinds of facility are available for a start-up to accelerate?
Our university provide a platform to all the start-ups in terms of infrastructure, counselling, technical mentoring, capacity building, technical consultancy, business plan preparation, networking, business mentoring, handholding, regulatory and advisory services, intellectual property rights cell, funding and marketing.
Q. What steps can be taken to bring agriculture courses in a mainstream?
1. Introduction of agriculture subject at school level.
2. Regular interaction with stakeholders (farmers) in decision making bodies.
3. Invite experienced and progressive farmers regularly as resource person so that they can help in identifying the key issues in agriculture and play a key role in making strategic plan for making agriculture as an important subject.
4. By introducing student ready programme in the first year of the degree rather than in 7th and 8th semester of the degree programme.
Q. What kind of marketing and brand promotion are required to enhance product scalability?
1. There is a need to craft integrated marketing growth strategy.
2. Social media and ad targeting
Q. Is the number of students taking up agriculture growing?
Growing in a steady manner
Q. What are the best strategies for market entry into unknown territory?
1. Through social media and e-marketing
2. Forming link building partnerships
3. Prioritizing user experience on the blog
4. Through marketing campaigns to increase the awareness of the products.
Q. What are the policy suggestions to boost the export of our agriculture products?
1. Quality control and branding assurance
2. Regulatory and advisory services for certification and marketing
3. Emphasis should be Farmer –market led extension