In the wake of COVID-19, the colleges and schools at Chandigarh have taken the active move of going online. The teachers now are leveraging platforms like WhatsApp, Zoom and Gmail to stay in touch with students.
For instance, such initiatives are being actively followed at The Department of Geography and Dept. of Biotechnology at DAV College.
Dr Pawan Kumar Sharma, Prinicpal, DAV College, Sector 10 quoted, “It is a matter of coincidence that we had anyways planned for online teaching classes in Oct 19. It’s time to actively implement the same. I have instructed my HoDs to connect with students online and update them about the syllabus.”
How is online education in college taking place?
- Teachers are sending PDF files of day to day lectures on email which can be accessed by all the students.
- Students are sending queries related to their assignments on mail.
- Professors are sending notes to students through emails.
- Students are being informed about the subject of lectures, assignments through WhatsApp.
- Interactive sessions are being held through Zoom.
Chadigarh-based Institutions that are actively promoting Digital Learning
- DPS, Sector 40
- Government Home Science College
- Panjab University
- DAV College