The Union Human Resource Development Ministry released the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main’s date. The first examination will be conducted from January 6 to 20, 2019 and the second set of exams will be held from April 6 to 20, 2019.
It was the decision of the ministry that the JEE Main would be held twice a year. Here is a list of the important dates relates to the examination:
JEE Main I for January 2019:
- Online Submission of forms – September 1 to 30, 2018
- Admit cards available to be downloaded – December 17, 2018
- Examination Dates – January 6 to 20, 2019 (Note: There will be 8 different settings available and the candidates can choose any of them)
- Results Date: January 31, 2019
JEE Main II for April 2019:
- Online Submission of forms – February 8 to 7, 2019
- Admit cards available to be downloaded – March 18, 2019
- Examination Dates – April 6 to 20, 2019 (Note: There will be 8 different settings available and the candidates can choose any of them)
- Results Date – April 30, 2019
Another significant decision taken by the HRD Ministry was to conduct the exams on multiple dates. The students will have an option to appear for the exams in any of these specified dates. Also, if a student appears for JEE Main and NEET twice, then the board will consider the best score between the two.
For a student to be eligible for the JEE (Main) exam, he/she must have scored 75% in their 12th board exams or must be placed among the top 20 percentiles of the Boards. The eligibility criteria stand for both JEE (Main) as well as JEE (Advanced).
65% will be the cut off considered for SC and ST categories.
Once the main and advanced papers are cleared, the candidate will stand eligible for admissions to B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology), BE (Bachelor of Engineering) and B. Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) courses offered at IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology) across India.