National Testing Agency (NTA) will now conduct IIFT 2020 on December 1 in computer-based mode for the first time. Formerly, it was Indian Institute of Foreign Trade which used to conduct the entrance exam in offline mode. NTA will release the registration form of IIFT 2020 on September 9, 2019 for its two years MBA International Business programme. The end date for filling the IIFT 2020 application form is October 25, 2019.
What’s New in IIFT 2020
- The fee for the application form of IIFT 2020 has increased to Rs 1000 for candidates who are belonging to SC/ST/ Transgender/ PWD category and Rs. 2000/- for other categories.
- IIFT 2020 will be conducted in 89 cities as compared to the past years when the exam was held in 20 cities.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct IIFT 2020 in computer based mode, meaning online for the first time.
- Availability of IIFT Application form 2020- September 9, 2019
- End date of Application form of IIFT 2020- October 25, 2019
- Last date for modification of exam centre (if any)- To be notified
- IIFT exam date- December 1, 2019
- Announcement of Result- December 11, 2019
- Selection procedure- January and February 2020
- Final selection results- March 2020
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2020
|General / OBC||Graduate in any discipline||Students must obtain a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized or statutory institute/university|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Persons with Disabilities||Graduate in any discipline||Such students must obtain a minimum of 45% marks from any recognized or statutory institute/university|
Kindly Note – Students appearing in the final year of graduation may also apply for IIFT 2020. However, they need to submit their proof of completion of their graduation before the second week of October 2020. Failing to submit the proof, the institute can cancel the admission without any acceptance to requests of extension of dates
How to do registration
Step 1- Click on the link that will be provided once it is released by the authorities.
Step 2- Click on the tab ‘ADMISSION 2020’
Step 3- Fill all the personal, contact and academic details in the registration form of IIFT.
Step 4- Upload the necessary documents
Step 5- Fill the preferred exam centre
Step 6- Proceed for the payment of fees via card or online wallet.
Step 7- Once the details are filled and submitted, students will receive the confirmation mail.
Step 8- Download and take a print out of the confirmation mail.
Steps to download the admit card:
- IIFT admit card 2020 will be available from November 11, 2019.
- Students will have to download the admit card of IIFT 2020 by entering the necessary login details.
- The hall ticket of exam will be available only in online mode.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates must take its print out and it is compulsory for them to carry it on the day of examination.
- The IIFT 2020 admit card contains all the details related to the test centre.
Type of questions- Objective type
Duration of exam- 120 minutes
Mode of examination- Computer Based mode
Number of sections- Six
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Verbal Ability
- General Knowledge
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
Total marks- 100
Negative Marking- yes
Syllabus of IIFT 2020
Series & Analysis
Input & Output
Permutation & Combination
Matching word meaning Synonyms-Antonyms
Exam Day Guidelines
- Students are advised to compulsorily carry the admit card of IIFT 2020
- Along with the admit card students have to carry other documents for verification
IIFT will not release the answer key officially. Nonetheless, several known coaching institutes will release the answer key of exam.
- The IIFT 2020 result of will be announced on December 11, 2019 by NTA.
- The result of exam will be declared in online mode.
- Students can download the IIFT scorecard by entering the necessary details.
- IIFT result 2020 will also include the candidates who have been shortlisted for the next round of selection.
Steps to download scorecard
Step 1 – Students can check their result here by clicking on the link (will be provided as soon as it is made available)
Step 2 – Now enter the IIFT roll number and date of birth.
Step 3 – Click on the submit button
Step 4 – The scorecard of IIFT will be displayed on the screen
Step 5 – Download and take print out of IIFT scorecard
IIFT Selection Process 2020
Students who qualify the entrance exam, they will have to take part in the following rounds.
Round 1- Written test
Round 2- Essay writing
Round 3- Personal interview and group discussion
IIFT Counselling Process
IIFT counselling will be held in these cities:
- New Delhi
Students are advised to carry the following documents for counseling process-
- IIFT admit card
- IIFT scorecard
- Photo identity proof
IIFT Fee Structure
The fee structure of IIFT varies for candidates belonging to different categories. Candidates can check the table that is given below to know the fees which they will have to pay.
|General and OBC Category||Rs.7,60,000/- per annum|
|Foreign National /NRI/Children of NRI||US$ 27,500 p.a|
|Other charges (library, computer, alumni)||Rs. 50,000|