Today Indian Institute of Mass Communication Alumni Association (IIMCAA) announced the winners of its ‘IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018’ during the 6th Annual Alumni Meet – Connections 2018, on Sunday, February 18, 2018 at the IIMC HQ in New Delhi.
Aaj Tak Managing Editor, Supriya Prasad received Alumni of the Year Award while Delhi MLA Pankaj Pushkar was awarded Public Service Award. This was the first alumni meet in a series of 16 alumni meets in India, Tashkent and Singapore this year.
IIMC DG KG Suresh, Uzbekistan Ambassador Farhod Arziev, IIMCAA President Suresh Kumar Vashishth, Connections Convenor Nitin Pradhan, Connections Souvenir Editor Sudhir Chaudhary, IIMCAA Awards Convenor Ashish Chakravarty, Senior journalist Brjaesh Kumar Singh, Nirmal Pathak, Utpal Chaudhary, Mukesh Sharma, Ad Guru Ramesh Tahliani, Shruti Jain, Marketing expert Sunila Dhar along with stalwarts of mass communications industry presented the awards to winners.
20 categories of IFFCO IIMCAA Awards carried a cash prize of INR 21,000 with trophy, certificate and Samsung Tablet. Agriculture Reporting Award has the highest cash prize of INR 51,000. This year, IIMCAA introduced- ‘Alumni of the Year Award’ and ‘Public Service Award’ to recognise the voice of those, whose work made noise. Supriya Prasad received ‘Alumni of the Year Award’ for bringing new trends in Television Journalism. Pankaj Pushkar received the ‘Public Service Award’ for his enormous social work in children’s education.
IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018 Winners are:
- Alumni of the Year – Supriya Prasad, Managing Editor, Aaj Tak
- Public Service – Pankaj Pushkar, Member, Delhi Legislative Assembly
- Agricultural Reporting – Utkarsh Kumar Singh, ABP News
- Investigative Reporting – Aadil Raza Khan, The Wire
- Developmental Reporting – TR Vivek, Newslaundry
- Political Reporting – Shruti Jain, The Wire
- Sports Reporting – Andrew Amsan, The Indian Express
- Economic & Business Reporting – Athar Imam Khan, BBC Hindi
- Features – Amit, Gaon Connection
- Print Production-Large Publications – Priya Ranjan Jha, Navbharat Times
- Broadcast Production-Large Network – Ankur Tyagi, Zee Business
- Digital Production-Original Story Telling – Gaura Naithani, ScoopWhoop
- Digital Production-Innovation – Vishnu Kumar Soni, News 18 Hindi
- Broadcaster – Umashankar Singh, NDTV India
- Documentary Film Making – Pragya Srivastav, Chalat Musaafir
- Advertising – Vipin Dhyani, Thoughtshop Advertising
- Media Innovation – Sumantra Talukdar, Dentsu Webchutney
- Image Building – Chaithanya Krishnaraju, Cranker Studios
- Advocacy – Sukanya Jena, Odisha Livelihoods Mission
- Social Media Management – Sanya Grover, Edelman Digital
- Developmental Reporting (Jury Mention) – Abhinav Goel, ABP News
- Broadcast Production-Large Network (Jury Mention) – Neeraj Jha, Pixpo Media
- Central Committee Mention – Suraj Kumar, Johnsons-Suraj Films