IIT JAM 2020 notification has been released. It will be conducted by the IIT Kanpur on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). IIT JAM is a national level examination organized to offer admission into M.Sc. (four semesters), M.Sc. Ph.D., and M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree etc. programmes at IITs.
The admission is offered to the Indian nationals as well as foreign national candidates. Students qualifying this entrance test can apply for admission into these courses in various renowned colleges of
IIT JAM 2020 New Changes
JAM 2020 examination will be conducted for six subjects only. BL (Biological Sciences) has been discontinued.
IIT JAM 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of online application form- September 5, 2019
- Last date of online application submission- October 8, 2019
- Admit card release- January 7, 2020
- Mock test availability- January 2020
- IIT JAM 2020 exam date- February 9, 2020
- Answer key release- Last week of February 2020
- Announcement of result- March 20, 2020
- Score card availability- 1st week of April 2020
- Submission of application for admission- 9-22 April 2020
- Declaration of first admission list- June 1, 2020
IIT JAM 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can fill IIT JAM 2020 application form in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill application from September 5, 2019.
- Candidates have to register by providing their name, email, mobile number and password.
- The application process will include – Online registration, filling details, uploading of images, application fee payment and printing of application form.
- Candidates have to upload signature, photograph and documents like category certificates in the application.
- After successful registration, candidate’s user id and password will be sent to the email address provided by the candidate.
- The official authority will also provide the correction facility.
- The enrollment id will be also sent to the mobile number provided by the candidate.
- Students can appear for either one or two test papers.
- Candidates can check their application status after submission of the application.
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode via debit card, credit card or net banking etc.
In case of fees amount has been debited from your account, but JOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account.
|One test paper||Two test paper|
Females of all categories & SC/ST/PWD
|Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-
General/OBC or other category
|Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
IIT JAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Candidates should be Indian or foreign citizen.
Qualification: Candidates must have done Bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or university.
Qualifying marks: Candidates must have obtained minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam. For SC/ST/PWD candidates 50% marks must be obtained.
Age Criteria: There will be no age limit to apply this exam.
Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in the last year of their degree programme can also apply provided they have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination during document verification.
IIT JAM 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
Time Duration: The time duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
Total Questions: There will be 60 questions asked in the exam.
Type of Questions: Questions will be in multiple choice and Numerical answer type.
Total Papers: 7 papers will be organized for exam.
Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
Negative Marking: In the exam negative marking will be only for section I.
- Section I 30 Multiple choice questions 50
- Section II 10 Multiple select questions 20
- Section III 20 Numerical answer type questions 30
Total 60 60 100
IIT JAM 2020 Syllabus
This section will include questions from the topics i.e. geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, paleontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy etc.
This section will include topics from differential calculus, integral calculus, matrix, sequence and series, probability, random variables, joint distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis etc.
This section will depends on mathematical concepts, theory of gases, solid state, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, basic concept of organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, chemical bonding and shapes, bio inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry etc.
The questions will be asked from general biology, biochemistry and physiology, basic biotechnology etc.
This section will include the topics function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number tec.
This section will be based on the topics i.e. oscillation waves and optics, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, kinetics theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, electricity and mechanism, solid state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics etc.