India Post has released an official notification inviting all the eligible candidates to fill a total of 5,222 vacancies in Tamil and Odisha Circle. The online registration process for India Post GDS 2020 recruitment has started for the post of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
The interested applicants can fill up the online form on or before September 30 by visiting the website, indiapostgdsonline.in.
- Odisha (Cycle III): 2,060 posts
- Tamil Nadu (Cycle III): 3,162 Posts
- Branch Postmaster (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Dak Sevak
How to apply online
Step 1: Registration- Initially candidate has to register in the Registration module once per cycle and obtain unique registration number.
Step 2: Fee Payment – UR/OBC/EWS Male/Trans-man need to make fee payment. In Case of online payment, if no confirmation is received after the deduction of amount from candidate’s bank account, candidates can await upto 72 hours for settlement. Offline payments can be made at any Head Post Office.
Step 3: Apply Online – Step 1. Fill Application. Step 2. Upload documents. Step 3. Submit Post preferences. Preview and take print out. Completion of these three steps will only be treated as submission of application.
- For India Post GDS Recruitment 2020, the candidates should have passed the Secondary School Examination with a certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognised Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
- The candidate passed 10th class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- Compulsory knowledge of local language: The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard (as compulsory or elective subjects) as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
Selection procedure for India Post GDS
Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
Last date to apply: September 30, 2020