Cyber Crimes with a broad meaning of various criminal activity by using computer and internet as a medium. Crimes in India are increasing at a drastic rate.
As per the annual report released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) in 2016, with 762 cases, Bengaluru had the second-highest number of cybercrime cases, behind Mumbai with 980 cases. Also other cities like Hyderabad of 291 cases, Kolkata 168, Delhi 90 and Chennai 36.
Many past cases have erupted in India like Cambridge Analytica that affected accounts worldwide. Lakhs of data are sold on the dark web every day.
Cities which are in the top for the next cyber attacks are
- New Delhi
Attacks happened in many types like unauthorized access and hacking, web hijacking, cyberstalking, phishing, forgery, child pornography, etc.
To file a complaint against such loss, as per cybercrime report, to file a complaint alleging the commission of cybercrime the following documents must be provided:
- Server Logs
- Copy of defaced web page in soft copy as well as hard copy format, if your website is defaced
- If data is compromised on your server or computer or any other network equipment, soft copy of original data and soft copy of compromised data.
- Access control mechanism details i.e.- who had what kind of the access to the compromised system
- List of suspects – if the victim is having any suspicion on anyone.
In the case of e-mail abuse, vulgar e-mail etc. the following information should be provided:
- Extract the extended headers of offending e-mail and bring a soft copy as well as the hard copy of the offending e-mail.
- Please do not delete the offending e-mail from your e-mail box.
- Please save the copy of the offending e-mail on your computer’s hard drive.