The UPSC has released the official notification for Indian Forest Service (IFS) examination 2019 at upsc.gov.in. Candidates interested and eligible can apply in the official website at upsconline.nic.in. It is important for aspirants to note that if they wish to apply for the Indian Forest Service examination, then they will have to appear for the Civil Services (IAS) preliminary exam and qualify the same in order to reach the second level of the Indian Forest Service (Main) examination (Written and Interview). The last date to apply for the posts is March 18, 2019 till 18.00 Hours.
According to the notification, the Commission will hold a Screening Test on June 2, 2019 in order select candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2019 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019. The Main examination is likely to take place in the month of December 2019.
The eligibility criteria are in the following:-
- Age limit- Minimum 21 years, Maximum- 32 years as on August 1, 2019
- The interested candidate should have completed their Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology. OR
- They should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognized varsity in the country.
The Examination pattern is in the following:-
- PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION: This exam will have two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- MAIN EXAMINATION:
- Paper I—General English (300 Marks)
- Paper II—General Knowledge (300 Marks)
- Papers III, IV, V and VI.—any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects released by the commission. Each subject will have two papers. — 200 marks for each paper.
- Interview for Personality Test (300 Marks)