A year-long LLM programme in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change has been announced by Jindal Global Law School along with World Wide Fund (WWF). Jindal Global University Founding Vice-Chancellor C. Raj Kumar said in a statement that they are launching the programme with a goal and objective. He further stated that legal institutions & laws must have a very significant role in speaking truth to power as the theme of environmental law & climate change which should be the most important issue that universities and law schools must be dealing with.
The course may cover the following topics:
- National and international environmental laws
- Energy laws and policies
- Climate change governance and adaptation
- Renewable energy development in India
- And field trips for promoting experiential learning
Ravi Singh, WWF India CEO also mentioned the importance of studying the relationship between environment and climate change as well as the role of law, judiciary, resolution mechanisms, alternate energy solutions, the way people are dealing with climate change, environmental laws and the implementation of available solutions.
The event of course launch was attended by:
- Supreme Court’s Justice D.Y. Chandrachud and Justice Deepak Gupta
- Justice Michael D. Wilson and Justice Sabrina McKenna who are Supreme Court of Hawaii judges
(Image Courtesy: India Today)