Delhi has the best literacy rate at 88.7 percent after Kerala followed by Uttarakhand with 87.6 percent, Himachal Pradesh with 86.6 percent, and Assam with 85.9 percent.
States like Rajasthan have been listed as the second-worst performing with literacy rate at 69.7 percent followed by Bihar at 70.9 percent, Telangana at 72.8 percent, Uttar Pradesh at 73 percent, and Madhya Pradesh at 73.7 percent.
The survey conducted has marked the overall literacy rate in the country at 77.7 percent while in rural areas the literacy rate is 73.5 percent and the urban areas have a literacy rate of 87.7 percent.
- The male literacy ratio is 84.7 percent as compared to the female literacy rate at 70.3 percent.
- The survey conducted also shows that the male literacy rate is greater in the country than female literacy.
- In Kerala, the male literacy rate stands at 97.4 percent while the female literacy rate stands at 95.2 percent.
- In Delhi, the male literacy rate stands at 93.7 percent while the female literacy rate stands at 82.4 percent.
- States placed at the bottom of the literacy list including Andhra Pradesh have a male literacy rate of 73.4 percent compared to the female literacy rate of 59.5 percent.
- Rajasthan has recorded a male literacy rate of 80.8 percent while the female literacy rate in the state stands at 57.6 percent.
- Bihar has a male literacy rate of 79.7 percent while the female literacy rate in the state is 60.5 percent.