Selecting a career is a conscious decision that influences the entire life. One needs to spend a good amount of time in exploring the interests, knowing strengths and understanding various career options. Lockdown can be that effective time for you!
There are various sites available on internet that helps you get near to the dream career. Here are some such sites:
- Careerkey.org : The site has several articles, assessments, and tips that talks about career well-being, networking, job-satisfaction and other success tips.
- whatcareerisrightforme.com : Easy to read with simple information, this site can be good a beginner who is about to take first step in choosing a career.
- thebalancecareers.com : A well-designed site, browsing through this can help land into humongous information about skills, jobs, trends, internship, professions and so on.
- iwillteachyoutoberich.com: From NY Times best-selling author Ramit Sethi, the site offers interesting bunch of articles on career. It also offers some free tools and enriching blogs that can prove beneficial.
Besides, understanding the careers on web, it is wise to consider the following for selecting a career:
- Talk to professionals of the field: The real field knowledge can be offered by someone who is already into it. So, make it a point to talk to someone who can offer you trustworthy information.
- Use social networks to connect with right people: Social media acts as a real time connecting agent to who ever you wish to get touch with. Embrace the power it gives.
- Short online courses on the field can be a good beginner shot: Once you have selected the field, and you feel that it would be good for you; taking a short crash course online could give you more feel of the career.