Why do we need to celebrate the International Day of Happiness? The United Nations is celebrating the International Day of Happiness since 2013 to recognize the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world. The UN in the year 2015 has launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and the three key aspects that lead to well-being and happiness are: that seek to end poverty, reduce inequality, and protect our planet.
Each person of any age, every classroom, business and government are being invited by the United Nations to join in the celebration of the International Day of Happiness.
“10 steps to global happiness” is the theme for this year.
The 10 steps are as follows:
- We must wish everyone a happy International Day of Happiness on 20 March.
- We have to do that makes us happy.
- We need to take a pledge in order to spread more happiness in the world.
- We can celebrate by participating in a happiness event.
- We can share our happiness with the world by using hashtags like #tenbillionhappy and #makeithappy on social media.
- We can even promote the UN resolutions that made the International Day of Happiness a reality.
- By hosting an event we can participate in the festivities.
- We can also contribute our share in the global goals for happiness, like eliminating poverty and supporting gender equality.
- We can add International Day of Happiness badges to our online channels.
- Step 10 will be announced on this day.
(Image Courtesy: http://www.un.org)