The online registration for the MBBS programme at the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has started on the official website. The online registration for the same begins today and will close on April 13, 2018.
Along with the AIIMS MBBS and NEET UG exam, JIPMER MBBS is the only other entrance test conducted in India to give admissions for undergraduate medical programme.
Through JIPMER MBBS 2018 students are admitted to JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal. All total there are 150 MBBS seats at JIPMER Puducherry and 50 seats at JIPMER Karaikal.
The registration process for JIPMER MBBS has started a bit earlier this year as compared to last year, when it started on March 27, 2017.
- Online registration starts from: March 7, 2018
- Last date for online registration: April 13, 2018
- Availability of hall ticket: May 21, 2018 to June 3, 2018
- Date of exam: June 3, 2018
- Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary Exam (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or any other elective with English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidate must have cleared in Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually with a minimum of 60 per cent. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/OPH category, minimum marks requirement is 50 per cent.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2018 and there is no upper age limit.