The Department of Social Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) has announced Social Empowerment Fellowship program for the following year 2019-20.
Social Empowerment Fellowship is a full-time program of 2 years tenure which aim is to provide young professionals, a working exposure, to policy design and program implementation, where they are expected to anchor and manage programs to impact significant improvement in the development indicators of economically and socially marginalised communities, predominantly the Scheduled Castes in the state.
It is envisaged that the successful fellow by the end of the fellowship term, will be placed in good stead to take up careers in Government, Non – Governmental Organisations, INGOs and the Private sector.
The Fellows are provided a week hands-on induction program on a rotating basis with the key staff. A further week field level immersion program is designed to expose Fellows to district and field level operations. The fellows are then placed for the remainder of their term in one of the specific verticals, where they will play an anchoring role in identifying gaps and in designing and implementing relevant, scalable programs. The specialised verticals where the fellows may be placed will depend on the requirement, aptitude and relevant qualification.
All fellows report to the Secretary, APSWREIS and Director of Social Welfare respectively. All the Fellows will be appraised on their performance every (6) month. There is a probationary period of (3) months post which, subject to satisfactory performance, the Fellows are confirmed. The probationary period may be extended if necessary.
- Identify gaps & redundancies in policy & processes.
- Develop insights and innovative ideas to address the identified gaps.
- Design and operationalise interventions leading to efficient & optimised operations.
- Scope and identify convergence models leading to better delivery.
- Identify best practices through rigorous research for integration with the program design.
- Document “as-is” & develop optimised, sustainable, practical & implementable “to-be” models running on efficient IT platforms.
- Develop, document, monitor & anchor implementation of interventions based on the approved “to- be” models across a minimum of 2 lifecycles with baseline & outcome studies.
- Collaborate & Coordinate with all internal/external stakeholders for collating, managing and disseminating relevant knowledge.
- Create pitch decks and deliver the same to a wide variety of audience.
- Prepare and put out reports on the policies and programs implemented.
- Perform any other administrative/ financial duties required by the vertical assigned.
- Perform any special work or duty which may be entrusted to him by the Authority.
- Fellows are required to travel extensively as part of their work and have to reside within the field units (including schools, hostels etc.) during their field visits.
- It may be noted that the responsibility of the fellows is not limited to mere designing action plans but they should also take responsibility for implementing and monitoring the same.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidate must possess a consistent track record of academic & workplace excellence and have showcased his/her potential for leadership.
- Performance in standardised examinations such as GRE/GATE/GMAT/CAT/NEET/ JEE/OTHER STATE, NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS will be taken into consideration during the shortlisting of candidates. The candidates are encouraged to report the same in their CV.
- Professional certification obtained in relevant verticals is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in data collection and synthesis of multiple data sources.
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Experience in implementing & monitoring Government Schemes/Programs will be preferable
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
Education Criteria & Experience:
- Masters with a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- At least 60% marks in both Under Graduation and Post-Graduation.
- An indicative list of specialisations benchmarked to appropriate verticals includes Education, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Management, Social Work, Public Health, Computer Science/Computer Applications, Nutrition, Sports, Fine Arts, Music, Psychology etc. from highly reputed national and international institutions.
- For some of the verticals the candidates must possess the qualifications as detailed below:
|Health & Nutrition Program||MBBS from highly reputed institute with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience|
|Sports & Extracurricular programs||Should have at least participated in State Level Sports meet with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Sports, NCC, Scouts etc. along with a Masters Degree in Physical Education.|
|Cultural & Cocurricular programs||Masters in Fine Arts/Music/Art/Crafts with a minimum of 2 years|
|Green Initiatives||Bachelors of Horticulture or equivalent from a reputed institute of relevant experience.|
Primary Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Stipend (Per Candidate):
- Year 1 stipend (Per Month) – Approximately Rs. 85,000/-. The stipend shall be modulated based on the candidate’s educational background and relevant work experience.
- Maximum of 20% annual increment on above Total for Year 2 of Fellowship, based on performance.
Selection Process and Timelines
- Stage 1: Completion of online application and submission of CV at https://welfarerecruitments.apcfss.in/Fellowship/
- Stage 2: Screening of submitted application & shortlisting
- Stage 3: Following a review of the CV, the shortlisted candidate will be invited to the Panel interview
- Stage 4: Results announcement
- Stage 5: Verification of original documents and on-boarding.
For regular updates, please visit our website: https://welfarerecruitments.apcfss.in/Fellowship/
For any queries write to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online click here
For more information, click here