The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released official notification for the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam 2019 on their official website-ssc.nic.in. The application process will close on April 5, 2019, at 5 pm. The last day to submit fee is April 7, 2019. Candidates will have to appear for two exams including tire one computer-based exam that will be conducted from June 1 to June 26, 2019, and the tire two descriptive based exams to be conducted on September 29, 2019.
This recruitment drive is being held to recruit candidates to fill 3,259 vacancies. Shortlisted candidates will be hired on the various post of:
- Lower division clerk (LDC)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant or Sorting Assistant
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Data Entry Operator Grade A
The eligibility criteria are
- Candidate must be between the age group 18-27 as on August 1, 2019. Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must have cleared the class 12 exam. For the post of DEO in CandAG, candidates must have cleared class 12 from Science stream.
For the post of LDC and JSA, candidates will get a monthly salary of Rs 5200 to Rs 20,200 in addition to grade pay of Rs 1900.
For the post of PA, SA-Rs 5200 to Rs 20,200 in addition to grade pay of Rs 2400 and those hired at the post of DEO will get remuneration in the pay scale of Rs 5200 to Rs 20200 and grade pay of Rs 2400.
Steps to apply:
- Visit the official website-ssc.nic.in
- On the homepage, register using email id
- Click on ‘apply’ in the main tab
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Click on CHSL and click on ‘apply’
- Fill the form, upload documents
- Make payment
Candidates will have to pay Rs 100 as the fee. Those belonging to reserved category and females are exempted from paying the fee.
Image Courtesy: India Today