In the past few years, the rise of a security breach in India are seen and the incidence of cyber attack in public and private sector companies and in government agencies.
Cyber treats hackers activity uses advanced software and sophisticated protocol for more targeted and mass users. India is the top five countries with the highest number of attacked digitally. From wannacry ransomware to petya ransomware which attacked the country from the police department to the nationalised bank.
India is the top 6th spam-sending countries in the world after China, United States, Russia, Ukraine and France as per Spamhaus Blocklist in 2019.
In recent news, a group of Indian scammers pulled off around $2 million of cryptocurrencies discovered by Rajasthan Police Anti-terrorist squad. A similar event like Cambridge Analytica scam can hurt a lot of people and the ability to change the influence or path to a destructive conclusion.
Steps can be taken to be safe online:
- More campaign and aware is required among staff and public
- Always have a copy of important data from cloud storage in your personal hard drive
- Updated software with a good data security plan
- Advised to encrypt all data and complicated passwords in avoid any future incidents
- Covering laptop and phone camera, many unreal activities happened in past with iPhone where can listen and see a user through facetime without accepting the request which is haunted.