The Fellowship Provides a young investigator under the age of 35 functioning in the field of infectious diseases, a travel grant up to £1,500 to present a paper/poster in the Yearly ASM Microbe Meeting at the USA.
Available to applicants on a global basis and the BSAC administers this award on behalf of this Terry Hennessey Microbiology Fellowship Trust. Applications are considered by the BSAC Grants Secretary.
Procedure to Apply
- A completed application form, a copy of the abstract submitted to the Scientific Committee for ASM Microbe or a copy of the letter of acceptance from the Scientific Committee for ASM Microbe
- A brief curriculum vitae (maximum x2 A4 pages, including any current publications)
- Applicants should submit a signed copy of the BSAC Terms and Conditions form (prior to making an application, applicants are advised to read all Terms and Conditions as well as Standard Operating Procedures found in BSAC T&Cs/SOPS)
- Submit all documents through the BSAC online submission system.
Report detail should contain:
- A brief outline of your professional background (no more than 450 words or 1x A4 page)
- Details of sessions attended at the conference (including benefits derived & contributing to your role/career)
- A copy of the meeting abstract
All original receipts must be submitted with a BSAC expenses claim form (found on top of the page). Claim forms and receipts should be sent to The Grants Secretary, The BSAC, 53 Regent Place, Birmingham, B1 3NJ, United Kingdom. Please obtain VAT receipts where possible. For any payment, enquiries contact Debbie Irwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence, such as submission of final reports, must be sent via email to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 10 April 2020 at 23:59 GMT/UK time
To apply for the fellowship online: http://www.bsac.org.uk/funding/terry-hennessey-microbiology-fellowship/