The Dr. Moses Strauss program M.Sc. in Marine Geosciences combines research and graduate studies, both practical and theoretical, of the marine environment including earth science-related topics such as exploration geophysics, seafloor mapping, remote sensing, geodynamics, tectonics, marine and coastal sedimentology, micropaleontology, pollution studies, seismology, hazards, marine geoarchaeology, geophysical modeling, geochemistry, chemical, and physical oceanography.
Admission Cycle: Taught in English, the program can be completed in two years and begins in October 2022
- Accredited B.Sc. degree from a recognized academic institution in geology, geophysics, marine science, engineering, soil sciences, or other related disciplines (Additional courses may be requested after admission to compensate for certain deficiencies), with a minimum grade of 80 or equivalent
- Department pre-requisites are a basic knowledge of science in the following areas: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Atmosphere, English, and Computers
- TOEFL scores of at least 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 80 (internet-based test)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research statement – goals and aims of the planned research (500-750 words)
- Official diploma and grade transcripts
Eligibility for Scholarship:
The University of Haifa supports scholarships covering 75% of the tuition fees and provides a monthly stipend for two years (24 months, total 60,000NIS). There are also scholarships with larger monthly stipends that will be distributed on a competitive basis.
Applications are accepted and considered throughout the year, final deadline for applications late July.