Applications are invited, in the prescribed format, for online examinations and the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF 2020) for PhD in Life Sciences at the Tata Memorial Centre. Interested candidates can check out all of the details qualifications, stipend and application procedure below:
The Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) is an autonomous Grant-in-aid Institution at the Department of Atomic Energy. The TMC is comprised of the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) and the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH). TMC conducts a PhD program in Life Sciences and is affiliated to the Homi Bhabha National Institute (Deemed University). On-going research at TMC includes basic and translational research in Cancer Biology. Specific research topics include the study of cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, metastasis, tumour immunology, molecular imaging, carcinogenesis, stem cell biology, biophysics, structural biology, bioinformatics, proteomics, genomics, genetics, epigenetics and pharmacology.
M.Sc (Applied Biology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / Biophysics / Biotechnology / Botany / Life Sciences / Microbiology/ Molecular Biology / Zoology or associated Biological Sciences) / M.Tech. (Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology); M.V.Sc.; M.Pharm. from a recognized University, with ≥ 55% aggregate marks.
Stipend: Rs. 31000/- + 24 percent HRA (if hostel facility isn’t allotted) a month as applicable. Limited hostel facility is on the ACTREC campus on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Candidates can apply online by reading the instructions [https://tmc.gov.in/jrf2020/].
- Application fees of Rs. 500/- must be compensated by online transfer.
- The deadline for application is 28 November 2019.
- A list of applicants found eligible for the Online ‘Objective’ Written Exam will be displayed on 10th December 2019 on the ACTREC site.
- The Online Exam will be conducted on 29th December 2019 at 9.00 a.m.
- Exam Centres located in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Delhi NCR, Indore, Guwahati, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Varanasi and Chennai
- Online examination results will be displayed on the ACTREC site in January 2020.
Eligibility for Direct Interview:
- Candidates holding legitimate Junior Research Fellowships granted after qualifying in a national level written Entrance test conducted by CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT or other established agencies.
- Candidates that receive external fellowship intimation by 30th April 2020 should send proof of this award by email [firstname.lastname@example.org] to seek direct interview dates.
- Candidates that feature in ACTREC’s shortlist of the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) that will be displayed on the ACTREC site.
For more detail, please visit: http://www.actrec.gov.in/JRF-2019/JRF2019-Advt.pdf