New Delhi, India: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) will be launching this year’s Human Development Report 2020 on Wednesday, 16 December 2020. The HDR is UNDP’s annual assessment of the state of human development worldwide and includes the Human Development Index (HDI), which measures individual countries’ progress.
The theme for this year’s HDR is ‘Human Development and the Anthropocene’. The report focuses on improving human lives while relieving our planet of the pressures of development.
The report will be launched in India through a virtual dialogue hosted by UNDP and moderated by Bahar Dutt. Dignitaries expected to be present at the event are:
- Renata Dessallien, Resident Coordinator, UN in India
- Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, Niti Aayog
- Shoko Noda, Resident Representative, UNDP
- Nadia Rasheed, Deputy Resident Representative, UNDP
- Dr Ajay Mathur, Director General, TERI
- Shloka Nath, Executive Director, India Climate Collaborative*
The virtual launch event is open to the public to join and interact with the panellists.
Know more about the report http://hdr.undp.org/