Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) will be organized by the Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh at state level. Through this exam, students can get admission in the first year of engineering, architecture, pharmacy, design, management, computer appliations, etc.
It also offers admission in lateral entry in B.Tech, B.Pharma and MCA courses. Various government as well as private institutions of Uttar Pradesh state consider the UPSEE/UPTU scores for providing admissions. Here we have provided details about UPSEE 2020 examination including dates, application form, eligibility, pattern, etc.
UG Courses – B. Tech., B.Arch., B.Des., B.Pharma., BHM&CT, BFAD & BFA.
PG Courses – MBA, MBA (Integrated), MCA & MCA (Integrated).
Tentative UPSEE Exam Dates 2020
- Online application form starts- 4th week of January 2020
- Last date to fill the application- Last week of March 2020
- Last date to submit the fee- 1st week of April 2020
- Application correction window- Last week of March to 1st week of April 2020
- Admit card issue- 4th week of April 2020
- Exam date- Last week of April to 1st week of May 2020
- Release of answer key- 1st week of May 2020
- Last date to submit objection on answer key- Till the 1st week of May 2020
- Declaration of result- Last week of May 2020
- Counselling starts- Last week of June 2020
UPSEE 2020 Application Form
- The application form will be provided via online mode only.
- No printed application form will be provided for UPSEE 2020.
- The application form filling procedure comprises of various steps like registration, image uploading, fee payment and print confirmation page.
- UPSEE application form 2020 will be released in the fourth week of January 2020.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of signature and photograph.
- There is no need to send the confirmation page to the university.
UPSEE 2020 Application Fee
- The application fee for UPSEE will be Rs. 1300/- for Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category and Rs. 650/- for Female/SC/ST/PwD Category.
- Only online mode will be available to pay the fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through debit card, credit card, net banking and e-wallets.
Application Form Correction
- The university will provide the UPSEE application form correction facility through online mode.
- Corrections will be done only during the correction window.
- It will be started from the last week of March to 1st week of April 2020.
- Corrections will be allowed only in some particular fields.
UPSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian National candidates are eligible to apply.
- No age limit to apply for UPSEE 2020.
- NRI, PIO, Foreign Nationals, Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries & Kashmiri Migrants can also apply.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
|B.Tech, B.Des & Integrated MCA||12th passed with Physics and Mathematics and any one subjects from Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.||Minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved categories).
|B.Tech Bio-Technology||12th passed with Physics and Mathematics/Biology and any one subjects from Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
|B.Pharma||10+2 qualified with Physics & Chemistry and any one subject from Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/ Biology / Technical Vocational Subject.||Minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved categories).
|BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/ MBA(Integrated)||12th passed with any stream||Securing 45% marks without grace and 40% for SC/ST categories.
|B.Arch||10+2 passed with Physics and Mathematics and any one subjects from Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Engineering Drawing / Technical Vocational subject||Securing 50% aggregate.|
|MBA/MCA||Bachelors degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized university.
For MCA, candidate must have passed Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduation level.
| Minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) candidates.
|B.Tech – LE||Engineering Diploma, B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics subject at 10+2 level.|
|B.Pharm – LE||Diploma in Pharmacy candidates can apply.
|MCA – LE||BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) degree holder are eligible to apply.|
UPSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted through offline (pen and paper based) mode.
Type of questions: Objective multiple type questions will be asked in the examination except for drawing test.
Duration: The exam duration will be total three hours.
Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will fetch four marks. More than one answers for the particular question will be considered as incorrect answer.
Negative Marking: There is NO negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||50 of each||600|
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology||50 of each||600|
|Aptitude test for Architecture & Design
Part A: Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part B: Drawing Aptitude
|50 objective types question each of Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity with a total of 100 questions and two questions to test drawing aptitude||600|
|Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/ (Integrated))||100 objective type questions||400|
|Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)/ 2nd year MCA (Lateral Entry)||100 objective type questions.||400|
|Aptitude Test for MBA/ MCA||100 objective type questions.||400|
|Aptitude Test for Diploma holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||100 objective type questions.||400|
|Aptitude Test for Diploma holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||100 objective type questions.||400|
UPSEE 2020 Syllabus
For B.Tech courses, the syllabus will comprise topics from physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.
For B.Pharma programme, topics will be asked from physics, chemistry and biology subjects.
For PG courses, the syllabus will be asked from the respective graduation subjects.
Candidates should prepare for the examination as per the officially prescribed syllabus. UPSEE 2020 syllabus will be released along with the information bulletin.
- Find out all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare a time table and divide time equally for all the subjects.
- Consider the best study material and reference books for your preparations.
- Solve previous years question papers and sample papers to know the exam pattern.
- Practice mock test on regular basis to analyze your performance.
- Make short notes on difficult topics and revise them regularly.
UPSEE 2020 Answer Key
- The answer key will be released within a week after the examination. Students will be able to check the answer key through the website.
- UPSEE 2020 Answer Key will contain all the correct answers of the questions asked in the examination. Through answer key, candidates can calculate their rough marks for the examination.
- The university will provide the facility to submit objections regarding answer key. Any objections regarding answer key will be submitted till the first week of May 2020.
UPSEE 2020 Result
- After the successful completion of examination, UPSEE 2020 result will be announced in the last week of May 2020.
- Candidates will check their result through online mode.
- Candidates must keep safe the printout of the result for further admission procedures. Candidates will get an opportunity for scrutiny of answer sheets on payment of Rs. 5000/- per paper within seven days of declaration of result.
UPSEE/UPTU Cut Off 2020
- The qualifying cut off for UPSEE examination will be 25% for general candidates and 20% for SC/ST candidates. The merit list will be prepared as per the cut-off criteria.
- It will be necessary to score the qualifying cut-off to clear the UPSEE examination for further processing.
|Categories||Reservation in %
|Other Backward Classes||27|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters||2|
|Sons, Daughters of defense personnel of UP either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defense personnel posted in UP/defense personnel domicile of UP & posted 05%outside UP||5|
UPSEE 2020 Counselling
- The counselling process will be organized in various rounds. The UPSEE Counselling 2020 will be commenced from the last week of June 2020.
- It will be organized through online mode. Applicants will be called for counselling as per the merit list. Aspirants are also required to pay the fee to participate in the counselling procedure.
- The counselling procedure will be comprises of various steps such as registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification and reporting to the allotted college. In case candidates fail to report to the allotted college their seats will be cancelled.