By Shiksha Kohli, Business Head and Founding Member of Clevered
Getting selected in one of the top universities is a dream for many. While most students achieve their dreams, there are a few who don’t make it. What is it that makes or breaks your chance of getting admitted to the most sought-after universities? Is it just your academics or is there something more that university admissions officers look for?
While factors like your GPA, grades, and test scores and soft factors are important for college admissions, there’s one more thing that most of the top university looks for in students. And, that is your coding skills. It is not as talked about as the other attributes but it sure is a great asset when it comes to getting admitted to the university you dream of.
AI Projects and Internships build life skills that University Admission Officers look for in students
Artificial Intelligence based projects and internships help teens to become real-life problem solvers. AI exposes students to real-world problem and enables them to analyze the problems and create solutions for them.
Here are the life skills that AI develops in students and helps them improve their chances of getting admitted to the top universities:
- Logical Thinking– AI improves the way teens think and helps them apply logic to everything. The process of writing codes, finding minute errors and fixing them to reach a solution helps teens sharpen their logical thinking abilities.
- Focus and Confidence– Taking part in AI internship and creating AI-based projects boost teen’s focus and confidence and makes them university ready. Coding also increases their self-esteem and creates a safe space by making them understand that mistakes are normal and we can always rectify.
- Problem Solving- Whenever teens work on AI-based projects or intern with experts, they not only get to identify problems but solve them as well. With AI, teens get to solve real-world problems by building useful projects.
- Innovative Thinking and Entrepreneurial Skills- While coding, teens nurture their innovative side of the brain and get to take independent decisions which sharpen their entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creativity- While working on AI-based projects, teens learn to create and innovate and this sparks their interest in becoming a creator rather than remaining a mere consumer for life.
- Passion for Learning and Experimenting- Top universities look for students who are not there just for degrees. They want students who are exposed to the world of possibilities and are ready to take on challenges that come their way.
- Interpersonal Skills- Unlike academics, Artificial Intelligence projects are mostly collaborative efforts where students develop interpersonal skills like communication and teamwork.
The role of Clevered in making teens ready for top universities
Unlike most companies that teach coding to kids just to create apps and games, Clever teacher advanced concepts of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science to teens with one objective- making students future-ready.
Clevered offers a platform where kids as young as 6-years old can join and start learning to code and continue the journey as teenagers while honing AI and Data Science skills.
Our proprietary platform AI Labs enables collaborative learning through short videos led by expert instructors. The coding labs allow students to practice what they have learned with hands-on case studies and exercises.
We aim to bring a shift in the present education system by equipping schools with the latest tools that would enable them to teach new-age skills with ease. Our project-based learning helps students get hands-on experience and learn by doing. We offer workshop opportunities by Google and IBM at the end of every level where students get international exposure that builds their confidence. It also adds a lot of value to their portfolio and helps in top university admissions.
With the curriculum crafted by Oxford and MIT University professors, Clevered introduces young learners to world-class coding and data science content with an immersive learning experience. In just a matter of 12 months, Clevered has helped more than 3200 students become junior data scientists with more than 120 students attending the internship program with Oxford University professors. We prepare students to hone skills that make their university admissions easier.