Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) invites applications for the Young Investigator Award in the Maternal and Child Health area.
The award will nurture young investigators who have a strong aptitude towards research and a desire to develop into independent principal investigators. The awardees will be expected to create new hypothesis-driven innovative research ideas in the field of maternal and child health and learn how to drive a research procedure. The mandate is to bridge epidemiology and biomedical research to develop robust interventions and remedies for both maternal and child health. Extensive opportunities will be supplied to learn data management, clinical research methodology and laboratory research methods. There’ll be mentoring by domain experts.
Over the duration of the award period, the awardees will be engaged in the development and implementation of a research proposal in the maternal and child health area. For this purpose, mentorship will be provided by the faculty of THSTI in cooperation with the Pediatric Biology Centre. Opportunity to pursue a PhD from the maternal and child health area will be supplied for the awardees.
THSTI has established long-standing collaborations with the nearby district hospital at Gurugram and successful inter-institutional alliances with other medical, engineering, biology centres throughout the country & abroad. The study procedure initiated from the awardee will be eased through those collaborations.
Ideas generated by the awardees which crystallize into particular projects will be credited in the shape of some funds support, publications and other credits as determined by the institution.
Applications are encouraged from applicants interested in maternal and child health and holding any one of these:
- MBBS with MPH or PhD
- PhD in life sciences
The award would be for a period of 2 years with an emolument of INR 75,000 a month. The award will be mostly co-ordinated from the Pediatric Biology Centre of THSTI. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview/interaction session. The awardees will be chosen according to their academic and interview performance.
The process for online application:
- Before completing the online application, do keep these documents convenient:
- A soft copy of your passport size photograph.
- A comprehensive CV (PDF format only) comprising details of qualification, positions held, professional experience/distinctions etc.
- Candidates are asked to use Google Chrome net browser for the best results in the submission of online application.
- After the online application is submitted, no correction/modification is possible.
- In the event of difficulty in filling up the online form, please send an email to email@example.com
- On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing a reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of this reference number for future correspondence.
Last date for submission of online application: 10 May 2019
For more information, Click here