JEE Main Admit Card (April 2020) expected to be released on July 3
Post the announcement of revised examination dates for the JEE Main 2020 Exam (April session); NTA has officially announced the details about the rest of the exam cycle. Based on the latest notification published by the NTA, the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 is scheduled to be released by the testing agency at least 15 days before the examination date. As per the new schedule, the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will be sent around by 3rd July 2020.JEE Admit card is important, and the test-takers will be allowed inside the test centre by showing after showing their JEE Main Admit Card 2020. NTA will issue the hall ticket for April JEE attempt for all the candidates who applied in July 2020.
NTA was scheduled to release the admit cards for JEE April examination in March 2020; but amid COVID-19, the April session was postponed, and many state boards and CBSE Boards were postponed. Due to the continuous lockdowns announced by the government of India, the citizens were asked to self-quarantine.
As the national lockdown continues and all schools, colleges are still under lockdown, various exams have been postponed including JEE Mains as well. The JEE Main Admit Card will be tentatively released in July 2020 most probably 15 days before the exams.
JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket
As per the official announcements made by the HRD, the JEE Main 2020 Engineering Entrance Exam will be conducted tentatively between 18th and 23rd July 2020 in two shifts. The JEE exam will be conducted in the morning from 9 am to noon. The afternoon shift will start from 3 pm and end by 6 pm. Considering these dates and the recent announcement by NTA, the Admit Cards are anticipated to be released in the starting week of July.
Steps for downloading easily your JEE Main 2020 Admit Card online
Similar to other examination processes for NTA managed entrance exams, the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 will also be released online on the official website. The test-takers can download the admit card by visiting the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. To download the admit card, the aspirants can adhere to the following steps:
- Step 1: First, one must visit the official exam portal, i.e. nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Now, log in to the portal using your login credentials
- Step 3: Click on the link – Download Admit Card
- Step 4: Now click on the link to download the JEE Main Admit Card 2020
- Step 5: you can download the hall ticket
- Step 6: You are advised to take the printout of the future
The candidates can download the admit card by clicking on the link which will be available on the window at the official website.
What steps need to follow after downloading the JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
- First cross-check all the details mentioned on the admit card.
- If they are correct, download the card and keep a coloured printout handy.
- Keep a saved copy for future reference
- However, if there are any discrepancies, contact the authorities
Important details mentioned in the JEE Main Admit Card 2020
The JEE admit card acts as an identity document, and the test-takers must carry the same at the exam centre. The JEE Main Admit Card 2020 details will be matched to the photo ID of the candidate he/she is carrying; also it is required at the time of counselling. Hence it is essential to cross-check all the details in the admit card. The beneath details are mentioned in JEE Main admit card:
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Roll Number of JEE Main
- Paper for which appearing
- Application Number
- Name and Location of the test centre
- JEE Main 2020 Exam dates and time
- Photograph of Candidate
- Signature of Candidate
- Signature of parent
Amid the current situation and marking of different contaminate zones, NTA allowed the test-takers to change their examination centres which they opted previously. Concerning the same, NTA has extended the correction window, and the aspirants were allowed to make changes in the examination centres which they chose previously.
What to do in case of any error in JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
Once the students have downloaded the admit card, they must cross-check all the details mentioned on their JEE Main Admit Card 2020. Cross-checking all the details is important. In case of any error, the candidates need to inform about the same to the authorities. All the details on the admit card present, must be correct and match with details mentioned in the application form. The photograph and signature of the candidates must be visible.
In case of any mismatch or error in the admit card, the candidates are suggested to get in touch with NTA. They can send an email along with the confirmation page and the admit card with errors. The candidates can send their queries at the beneath address:
- Helpline Number – +91-7703859909; +91-8076535482
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Important exam day instructions mentioned on JEE Main Admit Card 2020
The candidates must follow the instructions for an exam that are mentioned on the admit card including:
- The candidates must try to reach the exam centre at least two hours before the commencement of the exam.
- Also, the candidates are advised to visit the exam centres once before the exam day so that they can have a proper idea of route and traffic. This could help a lot in saving their time and efforts.
- The candidates will not be able to carry any prohibited items along with them at the exam centres
- The candidates found it involved in any unfair means during the exam will be terminated.
Other documents that must be carried along with JEE Main Admit Card
The candidates need the following documents to the exam centre on the exam day:
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
- Passport size photograph of the candidate; the photograph must be the same which has been uploaded during JEE Main registration.
- Valid Photo ID, it can be Passport, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, etc. having the same name as mentioned on the JEE Main Admit Card.
- PwD Certificate in the prescribed format for the candidates belonging to PwD category.