The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Department of Health Research (DHR) announces this fellowship programme for young Indian biomedical scientists who wish to pursue research projects.
One of the major mandates of ICMR and DHR is to augment the capacity strengthening of Indian scientists. This international fellowship programme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel by facilitating advanced training and exposure to the latest advancements in knowledge through interaction with the international scientists in their respective field of work.
- Areas for fellowships: Emerging areas in clinical/medicine/health sciences
- Duration of Fellowships: Two weeks to 3 months
- Number of Fellowships: Twenty-five (25) fellowships per year
- Age limit: Below 57 years as on the last date of receipt of application
- Deadline: February 28, 2019
- A stipend of US$ 3000 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses.
- Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ) through shortest possible route.
- A contingency grant of a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (which includes the cost of visa, taxi charges from a place of duty to airport and back, overseas mediclaim insurance expenses reimbursable on submission of original receipts/bills on return). No other charges/expenditure is admissible.
- The advance stipend will be given an equivalent amount in Indan currency to Fellow and the last month stipend will be granted on return after completion of fellowship and due adjustment on submission of utilization certificate/original receipts.
- For two weeks stay US$ 200 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and up to US$ 125 for accommodation expenses, subject to a maximum of US$ 3000 for the entire duration of stay). The advance stipend will be given an equivalent amount in Indan currency to Fellow and the balance stipend will be granted on return after completion of fellowship and due adjustment on submission of utilization certificate/original receipts
- The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- The applicant should possess an M.D/M.S/Ph.D degree (M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/MVSc./ M.Sc./M.Pharma/M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in health / biomedical research) with at least fifteen years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 15 days) and at least three years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 1-3 months) in teaching/research in a recognized Institute after obtaining the requisite qualification.
- The application should be forwarded by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full-time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a plan of proposed training for availing the fellowship.
- The applicant should not have availed any similar fellowship of a duration of one month or above from any of the agency of the GoI/State Govts in the last 3 years.
For more information, click here