The Scheme is aimed at providing Partial Financial Assistance (PFA) to Indian regular employees (NON-CSIR) for participation in International Scientific Events such as Conference, Seminar, Symposium, Workshop, etc. abroad. The scheme provides partial reimbursement up to 50% of actual airfare or Rs 30,000/- whichever is less, in economy/excursion class by Air India booked through Air India / government approved agents from the airport (nearest to the place of work in India) to the venue of the Event and back.
- Applicant should be a regular Non-CSIR employee (Faculty, Research Scientist, etc.) engaged in research and development activities at recognized Research/Academic/Educational Institution/organization. Scientist below the age of 50 years would be accorded preference.
- Minimum educational qualification is Post Graduation in Science or Bachelor degree in
- Engineering/ Technology / Medicine or equivalent qualification from a recognized University/ institution.
- Applicant should not have availed financial assistance for travel support from CSIR in the last 3 years.
- Applicants should have published papers in refereed journals in the last 5 years.
- Applicant should have an accepted paper for presentation as a single or lead author or has received an invitation to chair a session or as a Keynote Speaker at the event.
- The application form must reach CSIR-HRDG at least 2 months in advance but not more than 4 months in advance. Incomplete / Late application form may not be considered.
- The application must be signed by the candidate and by duly authorized signatories at the academic institution where the applicant is working. No application would be entertained without the signature of the authorized signatories in the column provided.
- The candidate is expected to attend the entire conference/event
Documents to be submitted (Pre-Sanction Stage)
- Summary Sheet (Form-CSIR/PFA/19/SUM) and Application form (Form CSIR/PFA/19/MAIN), placed at Annexure 1 and 2 respectively, complete in all
respects, duly forwarded through proper channel
- Letter of Acceptance/invitation from organizers
- NOC / Permission from Institute (Place of work) for the duration of stay abroad
- Copy of Brochure/Announcement of the conference/Seminar/Symposia/Workshop, etc.
- Abstract of the paper accepted for presentation, with details & affiliations of all coauthors.
- In case the applicant is not the lead author, a certificate from the lead author indicating the circumstances of debuting the applicant to present the paper.
- Memo / Estimate of air-fare by economy/excursion class by the shortest route from Air
India / Government approved travel agent.
- A copy of a letter regarding commitment from any other national or international agency for any financial assistance, full or partial for travel, registration, per diem etc.
- Certificate from the applicant that he/she has not availed travel support from CSIR in the last 3 years.
Documents to be submitted – for Reimbursement (Post Completion of Event)
The sanctioned amount, subject to actual as per rules, will be reimbursed to institute’s account post completion of the event, subject to receipt of following documents (ALL THE DOCUMENTS ( i to vi) TO BE SUBMITTED IN DUPLICATE – ORIGINAL plus one photocopy, all pages duly self-attested by the candidate)
- Claim Bill (Form-CSIR/PFA/19/GA) placed at Annexure 3
- Tour report (Form-CSIR/PFA/19/TR) placed at Annexure 4
- Ticket/e-ticket with boarding passes. Please note that the claim bill will be admitted for reimbursement only if air ticket is booked through Air-India/ government approved travel agents mentioned in Information and Instructions
- A Certificate of participation at the scientific event from the organizers.
- Copy of sanction/approval letter related to travel support received for the trip from other organization
- NEFT form (duly verified and attested) giving bank details of your organization – Name as per bank records, bank name, branch name and address, account no, nature of the account, IFSC code and MICR Code. (Form-CSIR/PFA/19/NEFT placed at Annexure 5)
Declaration of Results and Issue of Sanction Letter
CSIR shall notify the result on its website (www.csirhrdg.res.in/results.htm) and also send the sanction letter to the selected candidates at the Communication address specified in the application form. CSIR HRDG shall not be responsible for delay/loss of the sanction letter. In the event, the candidate does not receive sanction letter within 10 days of the declaration of results, s/he may write to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting for a copy of sanction letter. A copy of the sanction letter will be sent to the email ID specified by the candidate in his/her application form. No interim correspondence will be entertained and canvassing in any form would lead to disqualification of the applicant.
Travels claims should be submitted with complete documents within 2 months (60 days) from the completion of the event for which travel is undertaken. Any claim received beyond 2 months will be entertained only in exceptional cases subject to submission of reasons for the delay, duly forwarded through Head of the Organization. In no case, the claim will be entertained after 4 months.
Reimbursement would be done at the earliest subject to availability of funds. The candidate will be informed by email details of UTR / Transaction ID, on the successful transfer of the fund to the institute’s account.
All communication may be addressed to In-charge, Symposia and Travel Grant Unit, CSIR Human Resource Development Group, Room 302, CSIR Complex, (Opposite Institute of Hotel Management), Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012, India Email: email@example.com Phone: 011-25841037
For more Information, click here