- What was the concept behind starting MetamorphosisEdu?
Entrepreneurship is the future! The fact that school students are capable of understanding the concepts of entrepreneurship if given the right platform & opportunity seems to be missing from the Indian education system.
There was also an immense amount of curiosity among the students to understand the concept of Business models of the applications that kids are using on a daily basis. Thus with a vision to empower students with entrepreneurial skills and to imbibe the mindset of job creators right from a young age in students, MetamorphosisEdu was started.
- How is it serving the needs of today’s education system & students?
MetamorphosisEdu is empowering students with skill sets that are required to sustain and grow in today’s world of uncertainty and automation. We are also helping in making them aware of the various fields of work and expose them to the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Entrepreneurial thinking contributes to the overall personality development of the students. They get to learn resilience, perseverance, hard work, smart work, etc. all of which could be implemented in any career they choose including the day-today school tasks.
- Who are Metamorphosis Edu’s target audience, clients and key stakeholders?
Our key audience is students from grades 6th -12th.
Few of our key Clients are : All the elite international School of India – Oakridge International School, JBCN International School, Silver Oaks, Chirec International, Ryan international , Billabong School, The Millennium School, Vidyasagar School, Rajmata Krishna Kumari Girls High School are few of our clients.
Over Over 50 + Brands are on-board with MetamorphosisEdu like; UrbanCompany, Oyo, Pepsico, Buildermart, 100x.vc, frutoholic, star, Donatekart, Paymatrix, IIT BHUBANESWAR, T-hub, Hyderabad Angels, GAME, Glamego, DCB Bank, Mirrors, Sage Farm, Ratnadeep, UXReactor, Sirena Technologies, etc.
Apart from this we want to build a community of Entrepreneurs who can share insights with the students .
- Why was there a need to launch Metamorphosis School Of Entrepreneurship?
Lack of a virtual/digital platform that could impart knowledge about entrepreneurship through case study based and experiential learning compelled us to start our most ambitious initiative; Metamorphosis School Of Entrepreneurship (MSE).
MSE deems to be the biggest virtual school ever launched which brings a case-study based entrepreneurship curriculum to the school students. Metamorphosis Edu has already created a stir in the education ecosystem across India by introducing, teaching, and familiarizing entrepreneurship to the students as young as sixth graders. MSE comes as a mission to reach more young talents across the globe who deserve to launch their ideas.
- How can teaching entrepreneurship from a school level benefit the students & the nation at large?
Students are dynamic and they need to be taught essential skill sets which can be termed as life skills or 21st century skills from a nascent stage. It can help them deal with uncertainty, continuous changes, problem solving skills, adaptability, collaboration and will create awareness about the business world.
It is the same as teaching a language, if we want this skill to become part of a student’s DNA, we must introduce it to the student at the youngest possible age. Similarly, we need to teach entrepreneurship as early as kindergarten and first grade. Here are five reasons why these skills are critical for students’ success in the future:
- We live in a world in which the future is uncertain, so students need skills that will allow them to make their own way. We can’t predict the job market and economy our students will enter. Therefore, we really can’t predict what content our students need in order to be successful after they leave their schools. We know without a doubt, though, that students need skills that will allow them to navigate uncertain waters and chart their own paths. Entrepreneurship education teaches these skills. It equips students to seek out problem-solving opportunities, empathize with others, think creatively, take risks, accept failure as part of the growth process, and appreciate the correlation between hard work and success.
- Students need more opportunities for creativity, innovation, and collaboration in schools. Entrepreneurship education not only encourages, but also requires students to be creative, to innovate, and to collaborate with others.
- Students need to learn how to identify problems or needs before they learn problem-solving skills. Problem-solving has been all the rage in education for years. The problem with the way we have traditionally taught problem-solving in schools is that problems are already set up or defined by someone else (i.e. the teacher, the test writer, the textbook company). In the real world, problems get fixed only when the problems have been properly identified.
- Students need more grit. These experiences can be extremely beneficial for students to learn before they graduate and begin to face real-life, dollars-and-cents, people-in-need situations. Entrepreneurs prove to be some of the grittiest people on the planet, and grit can be taught through entrepreneurship education.
- The world needs students who are looking to make a difference.The future belongs to the innovators and creators and entrepreneurship education serves as a great incubator for the types of creative, innovative ideas our students and our world need in the 21st century.
- What are the study modules that MetamorphosisEdu follows?
MetamorphosisEdu follows an Experiential and Activity based Learning. We have a Case study based curriculum delivery to make the teaching interactive, relatable and extremely effective & engaging for students.
It includes real life examples and hands-on training. All the Content is delivered through people with real time entrepreneurial exposure and contains very little theoretical concepts. Students consider it as an extracurricular activity and thus the subject matter is broken down into small concepts and can be taught in short intervals of 45 – 60 mins
- Are you expecting future investment or any new collaborations or launches in the future?
Yes, we are raising our pre- A series round of Investment in a couple of months from now. We are also planning to collaborate with emerging startups for case studies and problem statements.
Apart from this we are launching the world’s biggest Idea Pitching event for school students called ‘Global Schoolpreneur Summit’.
- How do you see the Indian education system growing in the near future?
If this pandemic has taught us anything, it’s the importance of technology. Today, students are able to continue their education because of the “online” concept. That being said, traditional classrooms hold their own importance and cannot be replaced entirely. The education system should be a blend of online and offline teaching/learning. We should not be choosing one over the other anymore. Both have to co-exist for the betterment of the system and students’ future.