COVID-19 has turned the world upside down. Before a few days, one could mostly imagine the software bunch of people mostly handling with abroad calls and business meetings on a constant day to day basis. However, today, all kinds of organisations have no option but to avail the benefits of meetings over calls, skype and other medium.
As such, this brings a more emphasis towards improving the way we handle business calls.
A famous article has been circulating over LinkedIn talking of some crucial measures that could be adopted.
While we suggest you to read this, we too have some handy tips from our end:
1. If you are handling an off-shore client, greeting them according to their time zone would help create a good start.
2. Have a notepad at your side while communicating. There might be some points you don’t want to miss-out on.
3. Have a clear agenda for talking. Keep that purpose on the top of your mind.
4. Take-some time out to listen. The habit of listening will help boost clarity for persons — at both the ends.
5. Work on your pronunciation. A clear expression helps other person understand better.
6. Be grammatically correct. We do know of many people who have great ideas but don’t have the ability to express in a good grammar. It hampers the professional impressions. Work towards improving the same.
7. Maintain phone manners such as saying excuse me, incase of a sneeze or cough.
8. Don’t end the call abruptly. Revise the actionable items at the end before leading to the end of call.
While, these are some things that can improve the quality of our business calls, what else can you think of? Think and write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be glad to make an article using your suggestions as well.