Co-founders of PregBuddy Subhadeep Mondal and S.L. Sivareena who are the IIT Kharagpur alumni have developed India’s first AI-enabled care continuum platform for the care of expecting mothers. In the category of Healthcare and Science, they have made it to Forbes Asia’s 2019 list of 30 under 30. These young entrepreneurs have been honoured by Forbes Asia for making cool gadgets and providing convenience in mundane chores and also using the advancements in technology for potentially improving the quality of lives.
The features of PregBuddy are:
- It is India’s first peer-to-peer instant reassurance platform for expecting mothers.
- The personalized information throughout the entire course of their pregnancy will be provided, would-be mothers.
- It also connects them together based on their trimester, location, vernacular language, and medical conditions.
- A continuum of care between the gynaecologist and the expecting patients through ‘Connected Care’ for Doctors will also be provided by the PregBuddy app.
- To provide personalized care through health experts and doctors from pre-conception to the early years of motherhood and help women make informed decisions about them and their child is its basic objective.
- It has so far assisted over 100,000 mothers across India and has penetration into rural areas with partnered hospitals.
Both these entrepreneurs brought the spirit of business and entrepreneurship to college through events, conferences and student activities who have been working together since their student days at IIT KGP. Mondal graduated in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering in 2013 & Sivareena graduated in BTech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur in 2015.
(Image Courtesy: India Today)