Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) has published a final merit list for admissions in MBBS/BDS, including 85% of quota seats in the state.
OJEE authorities have announced the final merit list for MBBS/BDS admission for the current session. More than 4200 candidates are qualified for medical counselling started on 20th July and will continue upto 30th September. OJEE will manage 85% allotment of MBBS/BDS seats in Odisha, while Medical Council Committee (MCC) under ministry of health and family affairs will handle 15% of all-India quota.
Qualified candidates of NEET-UG 2023 already have registered their names within Odisha state medical counselling. It is to be noted that only natives of Odisha are permitted for all MBBS/BDS state quota seats. On the contrary, candidates from other states can only be competent for non-resident Indian (NRI) quota seats.
OJEE will assign only 85% of the MBBS/BDS seats from dental and medical colleges in Odisha by leaving the remaining 15% to the all-India quota, assigned by MCC. Besides, these 15% seats are reserved for NRI quota within private dental and medical colleges.
OJEE Chairman, Praveen Kumar Kar stated that they will begin the counselling process for their part of medical seat from Tuesday by contemplating counselling of MCC. Final matrix for seats in medical colleges will be declared soon.
Odisha has 1800 seats from 11 state government medical colleges with 2 private medical colleges as well, while 500 seats of 2 universities. Therefore, OJEE is about to conduct counselling for 85% of 1800 seats for MBBS of 2 private medical colleges and 11 government colleges in Odisha.
State government will conduct admission for 100 MBBS seats at Saheed Renjo Majhi medical hospital and college at Bhawanipatna in 2023. This college already has got permission from National Medical Commission (NMC) for conducting admission for 2023-24 academic sessions.