Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has announced a new internship scheme for undergraduate students.
The internship is open to any Indian citizen or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holder who is pursuing graduation or Integrated PG studies in the following fields – Education, Social Sciences, Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering, ICT, and Law at a recognized institute in India or abroad.
Students who are pursuing three/four year programs should have completed at least 2 years (4 semesters) of the program.
Students who will be completing their degree in November/December 2019 are also eligible to apply.
Students of only the following academic institutions will be eligible to apply:
- Institutions of National Importance/ Institution of Eminence
- For Technical/Management institutes – from institutes in top 50 in NIRF ranking 2019 in technical/management category
- For Law institutes – from top 10 law institutes falling within NIRF ranking 2019 for Law category
- For Universities – students from top 50 institutes in NIRF ranking 2019 for Universities category
- International Institutions of eminence figuring in QS top 100 (for 2019)
Start Date: Nov or Dec (yet to be announced)
Duration: 2-6 months
No of Seats Available: 15 per batch
Stipend: Rs. 10,000 per month
This scheme intends to help undergraduate students acquire important 21st century skills and make them ideal for job all around the world and not just in India. Many states such as Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Maharashtra have agreed to co-operate and provide better resources for undergraduate students.