In the 63rd edition of Mann Ki Baat, PM Modi re-emphasized on the need for social distancing and apologized people for any inconvenience.
Here are the highlights of the speech:
- The battle against COVID-19 is tough. In these times, precautions are utmost important.
- We are grateful to the soldiers who are not in the confines of home but outside. I also have special regards for our brothers and sisters working as nurses, doctors, and paramedical staff.
- I understand no one wants to break rules deliberately, but there are some people who are not following the lockdown rules. To them, I wish to say it is really difficult to protect ourselves from the danger of this virus.
- The virus has not affected one, but every country in the world. It is challenging for all kinds —rich, poor, weak and powerful.
- Hearing some incidents are making me sad. But, please realize that social distancing doesn’t mean emotional distancing.
- I saw on social media that many people took out their old musical instruments that were lying unused since years. I appreciate their ideas.