Prof. L S Ganeshtook charge as the new Vice-Chancellor ofThe ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Deemed-to-be University, Hyderabad. Prof. L S Ganesh, a senior academician and researcher, has worked for several reputed Institutions in India and abroad at various positions.
Prof. L. S. Ganesh retired in July 2020 as a Professor in the Department of Management Studies of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He has over three decades of academic experience inteaching, research, and intellectual services.
Earlier, Prof. L. S. Ganesh served as an Associate Fellow in the Educational Planning Unit of the National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration at New Delhi, and then as an Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He has served as a Visiting Professor at the University of Passau in Germany, the Indian Institute of Management at Bangalore and Kozhikode, the Indian School of Business at Hyderabad, the National Institute of Technology at Trichy, andother national-level and sub-regional Institutions, including the newly established National Rail and Transportation Institute at Vadodara.
Given his continuing passion for research, he has published over 85 (eighty-five) research papers in top-rated academic journals. These are cited often, earning him significant acclaim globally and nationally.
International organizations such as the World Bank and the UNDP, and national-level Institutions and organizations such as the MHRD, AICTE, NBA, ISRO, CII, FICCI, and MMA have utilized his expertise and services in some of their projects, programmes, and events. He has led Executive Development and Continuing Education programmes for the most reputed multinational and national-level organizations and has delivered Keynote addresses, Seminars, and Lectures to a wide variety of audiences ranging from business/industry leaders and professionals through scientists to school children.
During 2017-2018, he has served as:
- A Member of the Board of Governors of the
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Trichy, and
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Palakkad,
- A nominee of the President of India to the faculty selection committees for the
- Departments of Management at the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) located in different states and union territories of India,
- Department of Liberal Arts at the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad,
- Department of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology (ISM)Dhanbad, and to the Executive Council, and the Court of the Indian Maritime University.
- The Chairperson, Board of Governors, Government Engineering College, Kozhikode.