Shiv Nadar University Chennai, the third initiative in higher education by the Shiv Nadar Foundation,announced the opening of applications for its Ph.D. programs in Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, and Interdisciplinary Research.The Ph.D. program offers an enriching and vibrant research ecosystem, complemented by state-of-the-art research facilities that provide students with the resources they need to excel in their academic pursuits.
|Application registration deadline||17 November, 2023|
|written test and Interview||24 November, 2023|
|Notification of shortlisted candidates||02 December, 2023|
|Commencement of PhD Program||O3 January, 2024|
Prospective research aspirants can submit their application online by 17th November 2023 at https://apply.snuchennaiadmissions.com/research-application-form. The admission procedure will follow a two-step selection process, including a written test followed by an interview for short-listed candidates. Admission to the University will be open to students who are Indian residents, Non-Resident Indians, Persons of International Origin as well as Foreign Nationals.
Dr. Sriman Kumar Bhattacharyya, Vice Chancellor at Shiv Nadar University Chennai said, “At Shiv Nadar University Chennai, we believe in the transformative power of research and the boundless potential it holds. The introduction of vibrantareas of research in our Ph.D. programs signifies our commitment to pushing the frontiers of knowledge. Aspiring scholars are invited to be part of a dynamic academic community dedicated to exploration, collaboration, and excellence.”
A fewAreas of Research Highlights:
- Computer Science: Accelerated Computing for Radiogenomics, Cognitive Reinforcement Models, Cyber Physical systems and security, Algorithms, AI&ML, Computer Networks among others
- Civil Engineering: FRP Concrete Composites, Steel-Concrete Composites, Tall Structures, Structural Health Monitoring and Retrofitting.
- Physics: Acoustic Metamaterials, Energy Sensors, Wearable Technologies.
- Mathematics:Dynamic systems, Fuzzy logic and graph, Graph theory.
- English: Teacher Education, Linguistic Diversity, Literary Criticism Techniques, Language Education Technology, Postcolonial Literature.
- Economics: Applied Microeconomics, Development Economics, Public Finance, Rural Finance.
- Commerce:Corporate Governance and CSR, Embedded Banking and Financial markets, Merger and Acquisitions, Financial Data Analytics, , Sustainable and Green Finance among others.
Eligibility to apply is as follows:
- For Full-Time and Part-Time Ph.D. Programs:
Applicants must hold a first-class master’s degree in the respective subject of interest. This academic requirement ensures that candidates have a strong foundation in their chosen field and are well-prepared for advanced research and scholarly pursuits.
- For Direct Ph.D. Admission with a B.E. / B. Tech Degree:
Candidates with a B.E. or B. Tech degree are eligible for direct Ph.D. admission if they have achieved a CGPA of 8.5 or higher during their undergraduate studies. This reflects a high level of academic excellence and a strong aptitude for research, making them eligible for accelerated entry into doctoral programs.
Advantages for the PhD aspirants:
- Full-time Ph.D. researchers have access to:
- cutting-edge research facilities and lab equipment at Shiv Nadar University Chennai
- Free shared campus accommodation.
- Monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000.
- Contingency amount of Rs. 25,000 per annum for research support.
- Part-time Ph.D. option can be availed by candidates working as full-time faculty with educational institutions or in research laboratories, full-time working professionals from relevant industries within India. The part-time program will offer these candidates a prospect to further their research through access to cutting-edge research facilities and lab equipment within the Shiv Nadar University Chennai. No stipend is given to the part-time scholars.